Post Operative Instructions
- You have been given a prescription for pain medication. Take as instructed.
- Keep your leg elevated, above the level of your heart, over the next few days.
- You have been given a surgical shoe / walking cast / posterior mold. Wear this at all times when walking post-operatively. If you have been given crutches or a walker, use them as instructed.
- Keep your dressing clean, dry and do not remove it. If your dressing gets wet or falls off, call your doctor.
- If you experience excessive bleeding, drainage or redness, fever of 100 degrees of greater, pain, numbness and tingling not relieved with pain medication, call your doctor!
- Slight bleeding on the bandage may occur. This is expected and okay!