Caring For Your Cast
- Unless specifically instructed, you should not place any weight on the leg which has the cast.
- Use your crutches or walker as instructed by the doctor or physical therapist.
- It is necessary to keep the cast clean and dry.
- Your toes should be pink and you should be able to move them freely.
- If you experience any of the following, please call your doctor: numbness of the toes, feel that the cast is cutting your skin, or have pain which is not relieved by your pain medication.